Nivel de studiu
Are you a medical student passionate about surgery?
Do you want to know more and try some procedures yourself? Do you want to make international friends?
If so, we might be the answer to your questions!
The Romanian Students' Surgical Society (SSCR), Cluj-Napoca Branch, in collaboration with the “Iuliu Hațieganu” University of Medicine and Pharmacy Cluj-Napoca and the Center for Experimental Medicine and Practical Aptitudes, invites you between the 19th and the 26th of July 2020, in Cluj-Napoca, Romania, to spend 8 unforgettable days learning about surgery, making new friends and discovering a city with almost 2000 years of history!
You will have the opportunity to learn and to put into practice advanced surgical skills that can help you make decisions regarding your future specialty since you will be familiarized with a lot of procedures and it will also help you determine whether surgery is suitable for you or not. You will start with a basic skills review in order to refresh your memory and afterwards we will help you acquire knowledge and skills in the field of:
- vascular and cardiac surgery,
- digestive surgery,
- urologic surgery,
- plastic and reconstructive surgery,
- laparoscopic surgery - with simulators and pelvi-trainers, helping you gain real hands-on training.
Finally, you will also acquire some useful skillsets pertaining not only to a surgeon but to a clinician as well, including:
- oral tracheal intubation and
- internal examinations.
Not to mention, all the above activities will take place in a professional and friendly environment!
Have we caught your attention?
Check our website to find out more but don`t forget that submissions end on the 8th of May.
*The prerequisite needed in order to attend this workshop must be one of the following:
1. The participant has completed a Basic Surgical Skills workshop, in preference the ones organized by the Romanian Students' Surgery Society (this includes The Surgery Summer Camp or The International Surgery Summer School);
2. The participant has completed the General Surgery Module at his home Faculty;
3. The participant has completed a month of clinical practice (during summer practice, for example) in a Surgery Department;
The participant must have proof of one of the above mentioned criteria; as it is an advanced surgical skills workshop, basic knowledge regarding surgery is mandatory.
Here you can find more details about us that might get your attention!